Website Central Colorado AHEC
Regional Health Connector Position Description
About Central Colorado Area Health Education Center (CCAHEC)
Central Colorado Area Health Education Center (CCAHEC) is one of six regional centers within the Colorado AHEC System (CAS). The role of CCAHEC is to connect students to careers, professionals to communities, and communities to better health. Serving 10 counties in the Denver metro and foothills areas, CCAHEC promotes academic/community partnerships in five main areas of focus: 1) developing and maintaining strategic partnerships; 2) creating and delivering interprofessional education and training; 3) addressing the healthcare needs of rural and underserved areas and populations; 4) working with providers to facilitate and support practice transformation, distribution, and diversity; and 5) offering specialized community-based training.
Overview of the Regional Health Connector Role
The Regional Health Connector (RHC) for HSR-4 (El Paso and Teller counties) supports practice transformation of practices; serves as a crucial point of connection between primary care practices, other health care providers, public health, and community resources; engages primary care in local community health planning and improvement efforts; and aligns public health and community resources in efforts to transform and improve primary care. The RHC is critical for achieving successful interventions for social determinants of health through partnerships between primary care and community organizations and will support the development of cross-sector partnerships.
The Regional Health Connector will preferably live in El Paso or Teller County and be willing and able to travel independently throughout the assigned region up to 75 percent of the time, including during inclement weather. This position may require some evening and weekend events. *Due to COVID-19, in-person meetings are limited at this time.
Details: This is a part-time (approximately 18-20 hours per week), non-exempt position with the potential of increasing to a full-time role and is supervised by the Executive Director. Worksite wellness benefits and professional development budget are included. Neither medical nor retirement benefits are provided. This position will be eligible for medical benefits should it increase to full-time. Compensation will be $25.00-$30.00 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attends monthly RHC Learning Community Calls, the Innovation Support Project Orientation, online training opportunities, and an annual in-person RHC retreat.
• Disseminate practice transformation opportunities, including information about the Innovation Support Project (ISP) to practices in the region.
• Communicate ISP opportunity and other opportunities to primary care practices and connects practices wanting to participate to the University.
• Implement a local priority project that aligns with the priorities of the ISP practices and those of the community (social determinants of health, provider education on trauma and stress, and screening of patients for food insecurity and/or other areas aligning with the practices required clinical quality measures).
• Provide support to ISP-related RHC Evaluation efforts.
• Provide input to the development of medical neighborhoods to the Regional Accountable Entity (RAE) or a local hospital participating in the Hospital Transformation Program (HTP).
• Invite practices to participate in community activities and connect practices to community assets as appropriate.
• Assist practices in addressing social determinants of health.
• Engage in Collaborative Learning Sessions (CLS) once per year of support.
• Connect and work in collaboration with the Practice Facilitators working with practice(s) in the region to most effectively coordinate ISP efforts that benefit the practice.
• Participate in relevant activities within the Host Organization.
• Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
Manages assigned responsibilities and daily schedule in partnership with and receiving general supervision from the
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare field, public health, health policy, health system, education, or related field
• Previous work experience in an office environment
• Interest and/or field experience in health care, public health, and education
• Experience working as both part of a team, and working independently
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Flexible, collaborative, and an ability to anticipate needs and priorities
• Uses tact and diplomacy when handling incoming and outgoing communications and matters requiring
• Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Professional interpersonal skills, customer-service oriented, and efficient use of resources
• Strong demonstrated critical thinking, organizing and problem-solving skills. Ability to manage competing
priorities, to troubleshoot and prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and manage workflow and workload
• Computer proficiency in Office365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and fluent navigation of the internet
• Operating knowledge of basic office computer software, large printer/copier/fax/scanner and experience with
Valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
Primarily sedentary work with occasional standing, walking, lifting, moving, and traveling to other departments or work
sites. Requires ability to use hands, fingers and arms for keyboarding, filing, telephone work, and operating office
equipment greater than 75% of the time. Requires ability to push, pull, move and/or lift 10-20 lbs 0-25% of the time.
1. Driving to offsite events, meetings, provider offices
2. Working in a standard on-site business office environment
3. Regular use of PC equipment including keyboard, mouse, and printer
4. Frequent use of telephone and conference equipment
5. Frequent use of printer, copiers and other office equipment
6. Occasionally needs to work during scheduled off-hours (e.g. holidays, weekends, and evenings) to meet
Requires adequate hearing to receive detailed oral information over the phone and in-person. Requires ability to
convey detailed spoken information to internal and external customers individually and in groups, both over the
telephone and in-person. Requires adequate visual acuity to use a computer screen and read written documents.
Normal office environment. Team-based and worksite wellness atmosphere.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
CCAHEC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the
basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, genetic information,
physical or mental disability, veteran status, political ideology, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, or any other
status protected by applicable state or local law. Equal employment opportunity, as required by law, shall apply to all
personnel actions including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, demotion, layoff or
termination, working conditions, wages and salary administration, and employee benefits.
CCAHEC is at 10200 East Girard Ave. B131, Denver, CO 80231. The Regional Health Connector will be available part-time
and will generally work offsite with onsite scheduling available and at times required. * CCAHEC’s offices are currently
closed due to COVID-19 and all staff work remotely.
To apply please submit a resume, cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications, and a one-page statement
describing your understanding of the health challenges in Colorado to Sandra Kohl at email@example.com. Please
include “Regional Health Connector” in the subject line. Review of resumes will continue until the position is filled.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this
CCAHEC is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org