1 ½ pounds of beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
½ cup sliced green onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
1 ½ cups low sodium beef broth
1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream
½ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup water
4 cups hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet brown beef, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat.
- Combine beef, mushrooms, onions, garlic, oregano, salt, thyme, pepper, and bay leaf all in the slow cooker. Pour beef broth over all.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Discard bay leaf.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Mix together sour cream, flour, and water. Stir about 1 cup of the hot liquid into sour cream mixture. Return all to slow cooker, stir and combine. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 30 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice.
Fat 20 g total
Protein 36 g
Carbohydrate 38 g
Sodium 368 mg
Potassium 474 mg