1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells (14 shells)
1 carton (16 ounces) low-fat ricotta or cottage cheese
6 ounces shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced, or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 jar (26 to 28 ounces) pasta sauce
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, beat egg in medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients except pasta sauce and mix well.
3. Pour a little of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a rectangular baking pan to prevent pasta from sticking.
4. Stuff shells with filling (about 2-3 rounded teaspoons per shell); arrange stuffed shells in pan.
5. Pour remaining sauce evenly over pasta.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly throughout.
7. Let rest 10 minutes outside of oven before serving.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Number of servings: 14 shells
Amount per serving: 1 filled shell
Sodium: 600 mg