1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 head cabbage, chopped (3-4 cups)
1 large potato, peeled and diced
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces) low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
2 cans (15 ounces) cream-style corn
1 cup chopped lean (8% fat) ham
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Heat oil in large pot. Sauté onion, cabbage, and potato over medium heat, stirring often, until soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, corn, ham, and pepper.
3. Cover and simmer until potato is tender, about 10 minutes
4. Serve hot, sprinkled with cheese.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Number of servings: 10
Per serving: 1 cup
Total Carbohydrate 23g