1 pound lean ground beef
1⁄2 cup chopped onion
1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
2 cups water
1 cup long grain white rice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1⁄2 cups canned diced tomatoes, with juice
3⁄4 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
3⁄4 cup canned red kidney beans, drained
1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Cook ground beef, onion, and green pepper in large frying pan (medium heat) until hamburger is no longer pink. Drain excess fat from pan.
2. Add water, rice, garlic powder, chili powder, tomatoes with juice, corn, and beans.
3. Cook, covered, for about 20 minutes or until rice is soft.
4. Remove from stove top, sprinkle with grated cheese, and serve hot.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Amount per serving: 1 cup