1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups spaghetti sauce
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, or 4 teaspoons dried
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 pint (2 cups) low-fat cottage cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook ground beef over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) until it is no longer pink.
2. Drain fat, add onion, and cook until onion is clear.
3. Add garlic, 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce, and herbs; spread evenly in skillet.
4. Reduce heat to low (200 degrees in an electric skillet), spread cottage cheese over mixture, and sprinkle with half of the Mozzarella. Top with 4 noodles, breaking remaining 2 to fill in open spaces.
5. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over the top of noodles; gently press noodles down to moisten.
6. Cover and simmer 15 minutes until noodles are tender. Top with remaining cheeses, cover, and simmer 2 more minutes or until cheeses are melted.
7. Let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Yield: 12 servings
Amount per serving (3/4 cup)