2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
1⁄2 cup non-fat or 1% milk
1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons flour
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
3⁄4 cup low-salt beef broth
1. Put diced potatoes in saucepan; add enough water to barely cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until soft (about 15 minutes.).
2. Drain potatoes and mash. Add milk and cheese; set mixture aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Brown meat in a large skillet. Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Add vegetables and broth. Cook 5 minutes until bubbly.
6. Spoon vegetable mixture into 8 inch square baking dish. Spread potato mixture over vegetable/meat mixture.
7. Bake 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Amount per serving (1 cup)
Cholesterol: 35 mg